Saturday, August 20, 2005
11:58:33 PM EDT Feeling Chillin' Hearing New World Rennaisance Band CD "Odyssey"
Home from Pennsic
I returned home from War very late Friday night, and overall it was a great trip. Just as I was getting used to the hill walking, the heat, and the all-night drumming, it was time to go home.
The top 10 reasons Pennsic 34 was Cool (in no particular order)
1. The Corn Party
2. Listening to Owain Phyfe sing in the marketplace, Moonwulf's concert, and the bluegrass band singing atop pirate ship Ravenspittle.
3. Gwen getting put on vigil
4. Making a presentaion to their Majesties Alaric and Noelle
5. Getting over my fear of crowns to tell the Queen of Ealdormere her 12th century garb totally rocks. She probably thinks I'm a weirdo because I said I have pictures of her bookmarked on my computer--but her and the King's garb is awesome!!!!
6. STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Our party amoeba)
7. Teaching my gilding class.
8. Creme Brulee Liqueur (Thanks Seamus!)
9. Shopping! I bought mostly books, period pigments, found more matching trim for the future silk bliaut, the CD listed above, and coolest of all-- turnshoes, hose and garters.
10. The wonderfully run Heralds Point. I officially changed my name. To document what I wanted, it has to be 13th century man's name, but that doesn't matter to me, my persona could make up stories why she is using a male alias. Jocelyn as a woman's name is post period practice, so it does not sound odd to our modern ears for a woman to known as Jocelyn. If everthing passes, I will be JOCELYN DU LUTTERWURTH pronounced loot not luht . Very interesting.
11. But this one goes to eleven! Having a Duke carry our ice and water all the way down to the lake! At night! In the rain! He told intersting stories about his coronation and vacation to Europe. That was so cool!
Best of all, coming home. I woke up this morning after sleeping about 10 hours, slowly opened one eye just a little bit, and thought..... gee what a huge tent I'm in..... a dry cool tent... O how odd there is a mirror and dresser in this tent... and what a huge bed I'm on.....OH WAIT I AM AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!